Saturday, February 13, 2010

Brant Point Lighthouse Rubber Stamp


This morning I have listed Brant Point Lighthouse in the Etsy shop. This is the second lighthouse to be mounted on wood and more are to arrive. Hopefully, I will get another done this weekend. Today will be busy with groceries and errands, but maybe tomorrow! I like to have my favorites in wood mount to display in my art room, maybe this could be a favorite for you too. I love the idea that the lighthouses are great for projects and cards for men and women, you can get alot of use from one stamp. This card was made by me, but my mom has watercolored the image for me...such a huge help! I love the watercolored image! You can do this too! I know she uses top of the line watercolors, but I found some great watercolors for those of us that are beginners at Michaels. If you use your coupon, you can get a set for a great price. I use the tubes by a company named Reeves and bought a set of 18 for such a reasonable price. They last forever too.
Have a great day and maybe try a watercolored stamped image today for your cards!

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful image. I've never used watercolors, but I've tried out watercolor pencils, blender pen and chalk inks, and Copics. All would be great with one of your stamps.

    I really enjoyed your blog! I hope you'll come visit mine sometime. http://christygetscrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your coloring is just amazing, I was looking at your blog and this card caught my eye right away, I just had to stop and take the time to leave you a comment for you, beautifully done! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patty! My mother is the artist that designed the stamps and she is a watercolorist. She painted the image for me and I used it for my card! She does a great job!

    ReplyDelete