Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dreaming of Seaglass



This was a fun little card that started out from a creative block! Sometimes, I just have to get a bunch of my stash out and sit and stare and then it comes together like a puzzle. I thought I would watercolor the girl but after I stamped her on a piece of watercolor textured paper, she looked so lovely just as she is. She is stamped with Chestnut Roan and the stamp set from october pumpkin is Beach Kids. I roughed the edges of the brown textured cardstock for a mat and roughed the edge of the white cardstock with a razor from Heidi Swapp. They are on top of a navy cardstock that is scored and sanded. The starfish is chalked and is cut from a Cuttlebug die set. The rhinestones are Me and My big Ideas and are the "seaglass", I really liked the look they added! The brown grosgrain adds texture to the edge. I think you just can't have enough different textures with some projects, plus it is fun to mix and match and see what you come out with! Now, I am in the mood to expand my seaglass collection from Lake Erie, if only the lake would melt! Have a great day and visit october pumpkin at Etsy for your own stamps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment